The braking system is the single most important safety feature on your vehicle. At the moment, the brakes may be stopping your vehicle as needed, but that doesn’t always mean they are working at their best. In order to safely stop your vehicle, brakes are designed to wear away slowly as you use them making routine maintenance of this critical component a high priority.
To ensure optimum performance of your vehicle’s braking system—bring your vehicle to the Quick Lane® Tire and Auto Center at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia for a complementary brake inspection. If needed, you can always count on us to maintain your vehicle’s braking system with high-quality brake products and brake fluid from Motorcraft®.
How to Spot Worn Brakes
There are several warning signs that it may be time for a complementary brake inspection at the Quick Lane® Tire and Auto Center at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia. If you are noticing any of the following, it’s time for an inspection:
• Any squeaking or grinding noise
• Any burning odors
• Any shuddering or vibrations within the steering wheel
• Any situations where the brake pedal is difficult to press down with your foot
• Any situations where the brake pedal goes directly to the floor without quickly stopping your vehicle
• Any rusting or flaking in your brakes or rotors
• Any indicator lights within the instrument panel illuminate
What are the advantages of Motorcraft® Brake Pads and Shoes?
The friction formulas are designed to reduce noise and vibration while maintaining high braking performance and increased durability.
What are the advantages of Motorcraft® Brake Drums and Rotors?
Motorcraft brake drums and rotors are designed to reduce noise and use a uniform thickness providing less pedal pulsation. These components also provide consistent strength for long term durability.